Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Changing with time

Seasons change with time...Trees change with time....Air, water, rocks, soil anything you can think of changes with timeInfact your skin, hones, hair etc. all changes with time.I cannot think of a single thing which does not change with timeThen What is the problem if mt attitude changes with time?
Recently I have felt this happening more often, people comment that my behaviour has changed. Changed, in what way? And the response comes you have become rude, strict and blunt. Ok even if I accet it here is my point. I'm no longer a kid. I have responsiblities, commitments and several other things to think about. Let me ask this, what is the wrong if I have to change myself to adjust in the atmosphere around me.

I would say I have become more straight forward to speek upfornt about something, if you call this rudeness then yes I'm rude. My argument is my surrondings demand it so I have to give it else things won't work out the way they should be.

Surrondings...lets talk a little about it. I live in a shared appartment. When you talk about shared apparments there are a lot of things that you have to think about. Compromise at times and adjust to things. The problem is not just being in shared apartment but ppl come in for sometime and go. I have stayed with many ppl now and I know there are very few who want to do some adjustments/compromises to work out things smoothly.

There are instances where ppl don't know somethings or does not understand something or have to follow some instructions. Am I not the one whoz is responsible to make the guys coming over and staying with me to be aware of such things. They cannot expect the comfort and carelessness that hey used to have back at home. If u call this as strict, yes I'm strict and I can't help not being it. Should not they understand that the things that I'm telling are for there good or infact for our good. I'm not a dictator but if there are things which are useful for us then why not apply them. I've also had instances where ppl want changes to the instructions and I'm perfectly ok with that but some of them just don't come up with good ideas but want things according to there flexiblity. And I guess here is when I become blunt. Trying making them understand that the things have to be acceptable to everybody. Think with a broad mind and come up with ideas where everybody has equal to give and take. "Negative things are more clearly visible than the positive things".

Everything changes with time but only physically. God has given us a mind which not only changes with time but with the surrondings and conditons one lives in. This is where change in a Human being is different from change in other things.

My question is what is wrong if a person changes himself/herslef with time and situation?

Don't just see the dark side. Well whatever may be the answer I'm gonna stick to my changes for the time i'm in shared appartments and will take the future as it comes.....

3 comments:

Shruthi said...

Hmmm the reasons you have put forward are very valid... I agree with your arguments. But do make sure that it doesn't cost you good friends :)

Chitra said...

Nice post Bhupi. Blogrolling you.

pawan said...

Change is good! your are right. The disclamer is "Don't change yourself for something from someone in return" i.e Let that change be natural as you outlined above. Don't bring changes unnatural or unreal. People will notice it immediately - "this Changeis fake" and they will comment saying "you have changed", So don't be suprised. Good luck.