Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Way to celebrate

As my friends celebrated my birthday last week, I had to go through tremendous torture. There was cake and candles, but there was something else which made other all smiles.

So all my friends were at my house in the evening. The sun was behind clouds but we all didn't miss an opportunity to play couple of games of volleyball before it went to dark. We play in a sand court in our housing community. After the two sweating games everybody reached house.

This is the time, cake was centered on the center table and number 2 and number 8 and a "?" candles were lit. I grabbed the big knife for myself to cut the cake. The flash lights have already started popping out of the camera. I was testing everybody's patience by not blowing off the candles. I would enact as if I'm going to blow them of but naaahhhhhhhhh.....and in the anticipation my friends sang the happy b'day song (I had a good laugh).

Finally when the wax from candles had started settling down on the cake I was forced to blow the candles off and the Happy B'day song was sung again. I used my big knife to slowly slice this cream cake with strawberry topping......yuuummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy. I shared the first slice of the cake with my roommates.

Suddenly I see thing which had my pulse go down. I could feel the misery coming my way but there was no choice with me to avoid it. It was another cake not full but half. Creamish-yellowish in colour. And no it was not for eating but to be rubbed on my face as a custom. I thought in my mind if I get defensive then i don't have any chance of escaping it. Then I decided I should get aggressive rather than being defensive.

I quickly rushed to the half cake and filled both my hands with it. So anybody who would dare to come near me would have take this cake on there face too. It was like a war with one soldier surrounded by about 10-12 enemies. I quickly moved towards the wall so that I get on one side and I'll have everybody in front of me. Then it was like a kabbadi game and I felt like being sent in the opponents court struggling to avoid anybody's grab. Somebody said something and I looked at that person on one side and suddenly a hand came on my face putting some cream on my face. I reacted and counter attacked with the cake I had in my two hands. My reaction was useless as I could not open my eyes because of the cream around it. I had also realised that it was not a fresh cake but may be week old stinking cake....yuuukkkkkkksssssssss.

I still managed to get myself in a position and somehow grab hand full of cake again in my stinking hands. I tried my best but they were too many for me to handle. The picture below says it all....


HAPPY B'DAY to me!!!

No comments: