Sunday, February 26, 2006

BLACK's Filmfare

Today morning when I opened the newspaper, the first thing I read was Filmfare awards. I was glad to see that something good got recognized. I remember the time when I saw the movie BLACK. I'm not able to recollect the entire plot of the movie but the most important thing that I remember is "How difficult it is to visualize/interpret of things which we don't know of?". I did two experiments to myself.



1. I have many south Indian friends. I had even picked a little words in few south languages. I closed my eyes and tried to dream/think of something but use only south Indian language. I did no good.
Why I did this experiment? If I don't know a language how is it possible to understand things. The poor girl in movie black was blind and deaf since childhood. She never learned any language. In fact nobody could teach her anything. I was just trying to understand how difficult a person's life could be if a person is blind and deaf since childhood.

2. Sometimes I chat to ppl on internet. Some of them are absolutely stranger. It happened so that one of my chat friend and I became good friends and that is the time I had seen this movie. Knowing the interests of my friend and the family and her friends. I made a sketch of her in my mind. After few weeks she sent me her photograph and I was amazed. None of the features matched in two pictures.

It's us who have eyes to see, mouth to speak and ears to listen that we feel life is easy. But if we try to realize, even a single feature gone can make life miserable.

I liked the movie and it deserved it!!! Good job Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

4 comments:

Shruthi said...

Interesting experiments yaar Bhupi!

Bhupi said...

try the first one and see what results u get....lets see whether it was my dumbness or is it really tough....

Surya Ragunaathan said...

According to me one of the greatest movies Bollywood has ever produced. Kudos to Rani Mukherjee for an outstanding performance, kudos to bhansali for making such a beautiful movie and kudos to you for posting this here.
cheers!!
(ps:dropped here from Shruti's blog)

Bhupi said...

Thanks for visiting the blog Surya. I'll surely go thru ur writings.