Thursday, January 11, 2007

Don't push it hard!!!

Today when I woke up in the morning the morning was beatiful. A cold morning with a bright sunshine, what else could you ask for. I got up asked my roomie Mr. A to pickup Mr. B on the way to work.

Usually every morning I pick up Mr. B for office but since I had to drop Ms. C to airportI asked Mr. A to pick him up (Well don't get confused I'm just trying to avoid putting names). I was about to start shaving and suddenly the phone rang (it scared me as if this thing never rings). It was Mr. B still waiting to be picked. Well I told him its about the time, you should have been already picked. I asked him to call Mr. A's cell phone and check with him.

I quickly finished my shaving and the phone rang again. "Mr. A, has already reached office", Mr. B said dissappointedly. I was so upset. "But why", I asked him politely.

"He said they were already 5 so couldn't pick him up"
"Well then he should have informed atleat one of us"
"That's ok, can you pick me up on the way"
"Sure I can but but but we will have to first drop Ms. C to the airport"
"That's fine I'm in no hurry to be at work"
"Done! I'll see u soon"

As I finished the phone I was still wondering why Mr. A didn't inform either of us that he won't be able to pick up Mr. B (I had called Mr. B last night asking hm to be ready at 8 so that Mr. A can pick him up). Alright lets move on, we will talk about it later and figure it out, I said to myself.

So I pulled Ms C's luggage in the car and picked MR. B and was driving towrds the airport. Suddenly I saw a cop standing with the gun (speed gun :)). I realised I was overspeeding, so I tried to slow down myself. The cop dropped his gun down and pointed towards mr to pull out. Oh God!!! That's not good. And I realised I should not have pushed the gas too much. I pulled over for the cop. He came in and asked for the license. He told me he cought me on the radar at 75 on the limit of 55. I realised he caught me on the gun before i slowed down...phew!!!! My first ticket in 1.5 yrs of driving history in US. I was still thinking that I can make some excuse. I can tell him we were rushing to catch the flight. But when he returned back after all checks he got everything written for me for the ticket(challan), I had to just sign it. So didn't get a chance to make any excuse as I tought.

So we continued our journey to airport. As we reached the airport I relised I had to attend a conference call with the client. Luckily I had our support cell phone with me. I dialled in and instead of allocated 15 mins the call extended for 30 mins. Ms. C was getting impatient bcoz I was making her wait to say good bye. Finally said good byes and safely and comfortably reached the office.

By the time I reached office it was 10:30. I booted up the PC and found I had another meeting at 11:00. Checked few mail very quickly and went for the 1 hour meeting. The meeting was not good either. Everybody was digging in why the project was getting delayed. And as we are a vendor for them they always try to find some problem in us. Well fought with them for 2 hours to realise that I hadn't had my lunch yet.

Me and my senior grabbed something to eat, we chit chatted and relaxed ourselves for a while before we went back to work. It was 1:30 when we came back to our keyboards. And guess what there was another urgent meeting setup for 3:00 and the location is half an hour from our office.

What the hell!!!! can I just not sit for a minute. Why is everybody so pushy today......huh!! Well sometimes thngs are out of your control. I just did a quick go thru on my to do list and did some priority works. It just so happens sometmies the clock runs too fast than the normal :)

Once again finished the 1 hour meeting in 2 hours. Finally tired of all, I drove back home with a headache. Just thinking through the day I relised at times things get pushy, its better to just go on with the moments. Let not situations hamper you mental balance.

No comments: